|Posted by uphallplaygroup on August 19, 2014 at 2:20 PM|
Uphall Playgroup AGM
Wednesday 18th June 2014
Youth Room in Uphall Community Education Centre
1. Apologies – Kate Monks, Rhona Borthwick
Present – Linda Moir (Chairperson), Louise Brown (treasurer), Laura Ross (playleader), Claire Welsh ( Manager), Anne Chalal, Lisa Stott, Julie Davidson, Lee Souter, Molly Condy, Claire Cruikshank, Stephanie Milne, Lee Gibson, Helen Tennant.
2. Chairpersons overview and staff bonus.
Linda welcomed everyone and remarked on how quickly her time as chairperson had been. Since becoming Chair, Linda had shared responsibility with Louise and commented that as a community group each family needs to share the responsibility of sustaining the playgroup for the future. Families could do this by attending more meetings which have had a low turnout. That said the group is going from strength to strength.
A proposal was put forward that the staff should receive a bonus payment of £150 each as all bonus criteria was met.
- A good care inspectorate report
- Positive parental feedback
- Positive staff appraisal outcome
- Money in the bank to cover bonus payment.
- The committee will continue to vote on staff bonus twice yearly at the AGM and at the Christmas Meeting
- Payment will be in the form of gift vouchers
3. Finance Report
Louise shared with the group that currently the playgroup has a balance of about £6500. The majority of fees are being paid on time and in full. The books will be audited in the near future once a local accountant has been contacted.
4. Playleaders Report
The playleaders report was given by Laura Ross.
Laura thanked all the members of the committee over the last year: Kiera, Lisa, Alison, John, Andrea, Linda, Gail and Louise. Also thanking all the parents who have helped out on duties, fundraising, attending meetings and generally supporting the group. Without these people the group would not be as strong as it is.
The group has been well attended with over 60 families using the service of the last year. The group has been full to capacity with a waiting list of children due to start in August. There are only a couple of spaces available in August, so if any of the current families wish to have an extra day please contact a playleader ASAP.
The year the emphases has been on the children being responsible for their own learning. The group has asked the children to plan activities which has led to the pirate/ explorers theme and the pirates on gala day.
The mill farm pass has been well used and we are looking to either renew of obtain a pass for a different setting. If anyone has a preference/ ideas speak to the playleaders.
Students – 4 students over the year from INT 2 to HND the children have enjoyed having students on placement. We will continue to work with the college in offering placement for suitable candidates.
Fundraising – this year the fundraising has consisted of a Xmas raffle, tempest photos, easter egg hunt and the car wash we have also received grants from
5. Committee Stand Down – the committee all stood down and were thanked for the work they have done for the group.
6. Election of a New Committee
- Secretary – Claire Cruikshank 2nd by Anne Chalal
- Treasurer – Ryan Davidson 2nd by Lee Gibson
- Chairperson and Vice Anne Chalal and Lisa Stott 2nd by Linda Moir
7. Suggestions for the New Term – raise funds through the selling of photo DVD’s. Bugs and beasts topic. New questionnaires
8. AOB – discussion over funding for 3yr old who haven’t got a nursery place and eligible 2 yr old raised by Linda. Claire explained how the group is trying to access funding from the local authority and the important of this to the groups sustainability. This will be a priority area for the coming year.
9. Date of the Next Meeting
Wednesday 24th September 2014 19:00 Uphall Community Centre Youth Room